Service KVG mandates
Service KVGs have been part of our offering for institutional investors for many years. Our main focus is on creating fund vehicles and providing ongoing administrative services, as well as tailored solutions for fund management. During day-to-day management, we ensure that all technical requirements can be met. This commitment is underpinned by a team of experts specialising in Service KVG mandates and with broad expertise in legal, regulatory and real estate-specific matters. Institutional investors benefit from having a single point of contact.
We are solution providers
We provide institutional investors with an appropriate vehicle for their direct holdings or existing portfolios, or to serve as a container for a new portfolio. Investors can choose the extent to which they remain involved in managing their holdings.
Our service package is modular, enabling us to put together a solution based on your chosen investment strategy and specific accounting, tax and regulatory requirements. Your individual objectives and needs are paramount at all times.
What we offer:
- Many years of experience in managing real estate special AIFs, limited partnerships (Investment KG) and Luxembourg vehicles
- Structuring of individual solutions based on specific accounting, tax and regulatory requirements
- High level of input into investment policy
- Flexibility to appoint one or more external asset managers with different skillsets in mandates
- Investors benefit during the setup phase from the extensive knowledge of experienced lawyers and tax experts
- Established processes and procedures for handling administrative and regulatory aspects
- Breadth and depth of services can be adapted to suit the client's individual needs
- Comprehensive reporting tailored to specific target groups
Head of Client Management
Areas of responsibility
- Member of the Management Board
- Administrative Service KVG mandates
- Administrative pooling vehicles
Karim Esch has been a member of the Management Board of Union Investment Institutional Property GmbH since 1 March 2021. He is primarily responsible for the Service KVG mandates and pooling vehicles business, which he has managed since 2014. Before being appointed to the board, Karim Esch was a senior manager (Prokurist) at Union Investment Institutional Property GmbH for 10 years.
Prior to that, he worked at the Commerzbank Group from 1999 onwards, becoming Director of Institutional Sales at Commerz Real AG in 2004.
Karim Esch studied at the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management in Germany and at Nottingham Trent University in the UK and holds a German diploma in banking administration, a bachelor’s degree in finance and management and an MSc in real estate.