Service KVG mandates
We are solution providers
We provide institutional investors with an appropriate vehicle for their direct holdings or existing portfolios, or to serve as a container for a new portfolio. Investors can choose the extent to which they remain involved in managing their holdings.
Our service package is modular, enabling us to put together a solution based on your chosen investment strategy and specific accounting, tax and regulatory requirements. Your individual objectives and needs are paramount at all times.
What we offer:
- Many years of experience in managing real estate special AIFs, limited partnerships (Investment KG) and Luxembourg vehicles
- Structuring of individual solutions based on specific accounting, tax and regulatory requirements
- High level of input into investment policy
- Flexibility to appoint one or more external asset managers with different skillsets in mandates
- Investors benefit during the setup phase from the extensive knowledge of experienced lawyers and tax experts
- Established processes and procedures for handling administrative and regulatory aspects
- Breadth and depth of services can be adapted to suit the client's individual needs
- Comprehensive reporting tailored to specific target groups
Head of Client Management
Areas of responsibility
- Administrative Service KVG mandates
- Administrative pooling vehicles
Karim Esch has been with Union Investment Institutional Property GmbH since February 2011. He is a Prokurist at the company (i.e. he holds power of attorney) and has been responsible for the Service KVG mandates and pooling vehicles unit since 2014.
His professional career began in 1992 at a medium-sized developer. Prior to joining Union Investment, Karim Esch worked in the Commerzbank Group from 1999. In 2004, he moved internally to Commerz Real AG where he was Director of Institutional Sales for German and European institutional investors as a key account manager and assistant fund manager for an international property fund.
Karim Esch studied at the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management in Germany and Nottingham Trent University in the UK and holds a German Diplom in banking administration, a bachelor’s degree in Finance and Management and an MSc in Real Estate.